31.8.10

Welcome

ConsumerWare, with any luck, will become a blog you can count on to give you honest opinions and a springboard for discussion on consumer-oriented facets of electronics, software, and media. In general, this means that the focus will be on hardware devices and the software that runs on them; a Playstation console, for example. In addition, many articles on this site will revolve around specific products or product categories and make informed suggestions on good purchases. Suggestions, of course, will be based on merit rather than brand recognition or misplaced fanaticism. Likewise, at least a small amount of knowledge on the topic at hand is suggested, though I will try to explain everything as clearly as possible.

Of course, this is not simply an editorial. I have no intention of brandishing my own opinion as fact or making a public outcry for products to conform to my desires. Much more than that, I hope that you as my readers will contribute to an overall discussion using my own musings only as a starting point. You are, after all, consumers just as much as myself, so your opinions are at least comparably important in comparison to mine if not more so. As often as possible, I will revisit entries after having collected responses from the various readers who could contribute to the discussion, and many thanks in advance to those who do decide to contribute.